Find out how
MyCityAntiquing.org is a wiki project set to create a comprehensive, free and reliable reference source of antique shops and market places in cities around the world. Its ultimate goal is to help travelers search for antiques and collectibles when they visit new destinations. The MyCityAntiquing.org website is built collaboratively, in the spirit of knowledge exchange, by antique lovers across the globe. We welcome your contribution!
How To Contribute
The core of this project form antiques lovers and contributors from different countries. You can also contribute to the project in one of the following ways.
List an antique market place. Tell us about antique shops and/or market places you have visited on your recent trip that are not yet listed on this website.
- Write a brief introduction to the shop or market place.
- Specify what kind of antiques they offer.
- Upload several representative photos.
- Provide the address and contact information (phone number, website address), as well as information about their operation hours.
Keep our listings up-to-date
- Report if any of the listed antique shops or market places has moved or ceased trading.
Perform site patrol
- Report vandalized pages.
- Report inappropriate photos.
- Report broken links.
- Edit the descriptions, when needed, into proper English. The descriptions on this site are written by international contributors many of whom are non-native English speakers, so any help with English editing is much appreciated.
Which antique shops and markets to add
MyCityAntiquing.org features antique shopping districts, fairs, shops, malls, and auction houses.
- Antique shopping district - a street or an area in a city where a large number of antique shops congregate.
- Antique fair - a market, usually held outdoors on certain day(s) of a week or a month, where antiques and collectibles are sold.
- Antique mall - a shopping mall that consists mostly of antique shops.
- Antique shop - an individual shop selling exclusively antique and collectible items.
- Antique auction house - a place where auctions for antiques take place.
Antique business owners are welcome to list their businesses on this website as long as they fit the above descriptions.
Businesses NOT eligible for this website are the following:
- Antique dealers operating out of home or on the Internet and without physical outlets for customers to visit.
- Yard or garage sales.
- Flea markets specialized in second-hand household or industrial items.
Shop and Market Place Description Guidelines
All antique shop or market place descriptions must contain the following components:
- A brief introduction to the place.
- A categorized list of antiques being sold. See the standard antique category list provided by MyCityAntique.org.
- One or more photos of the place.
- Physical address of the place.
- Contact information (phone number and/or website address, if available) of the business.
- Operation hours.
To begin contributing, please click here.